Thursday, October 19, 2017

Zanzibar

After so many days camping, it was an absolute relief to finally be in a hotel room with air conditioning, our own bathroom and plenty of space to spread out for three days!  The beach was incredible with soft, pure white sand and aquamarine water.  I went running every day on the beach with a new found friend from the tour and then one afternoon, our group took an afternoon cruise to snorkel around the nearby reef on a catamaran...

The only bad part of the island life was having to say good-bye to my "tentmate" for the past 3 weeks - Daniela.  Couldn't have asked for a better person to share a tent with and my new friend for life!  Now I just need to find a time to go visit her in Switzerland...  :)

 My view during my runs:
 A fisherman "sealing" his boat with fire, after cleaning it:
 Danny and I enjoying a walk on the beach:



No comments:

Post a Comment